Thursday, November 14, 2013

Flashback Friday: Cybergeneration - Will Hutton

"I was an enormous Cyberpunk fan in the late 80s and early 90s. I bought the original boxed set when it first came out and by the time the Cyberpunk 2020 line was finished I had every book, including ones published by third parties. The only game I have more memories of playing is Mekton.

So when Cybergeneration came out, it was an automatic buy for me. It wasn't an automatic love affair. Kids? Nanotech powers? Strange names for skills like "Lil Angel"?  Cheesy "yogangs"?. The Cybergeneration types were really awesome, the premise was cool, and I liked the stripped down system. A lot of the artwork was done by Alex Racine, an artist who was one of my favorites out of the R. Talsorian Games stable. I just didn't know what to do with it at first. I ran a couple of games and the system worked well, although the games fizzled out for various reasons. I did wind up buying the supplements because they had a lot of good information in them."

 

4 out of 5

 

http://rivetgeek.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/flashback-friday-cybergeneration.html

 

 

0 comments: