Monday, February 25, 2013

Gideon's Angel 1 - Clifford Beal

" “Strictly speaking, it is by Cardinal Mazarin’s authority that I propose to you an offer of employment.” My laugh turned into a retching cough. “And what service could a broken-down Cavalier on death’s door do for the Cardinal?” De Bellièvre waved his hat expansively. “Your knowledge of soldiering is considerable, sir. The war here. A few years ago in the German kingdoms and in Sweden. His Eminence would pay handsomely for an officer of your experience. Your brother is most generous in his praise of your skills.” “I think you’re wasting your time, sir. I may not even walk again, let alone ride.” The ambassador laughed. “Nonsense. You will heal. My own surgeon will see to you. Besides, you are as strong as a cow!” “I think you mean ox.”" 3.5 out of 5 http://solaris-editors-blog.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/read-first-chapter-of-gideons-angel-for.html

0 comments: