Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Oral History of Fear Agent Part 3 - Rick Remender

"Remender: That was also where [Lee] Loughridge went crazy on colors. He hit some new kind of science on that that was like licking a 9-volt battery. That issue was gorgeous. I hate to leave out Michelle Madsen. I don’t think we mentioned her but she colored all of Jerome’s stuff. I think that color can be overlooked but they were both also lending so much more than just coloring images and do things that a lot of people overlook. Yeah, that issue #22 was amazing and that was coming off of Jerome’s craziness. That whole era of the book is just one issue after another. This is an artistic masterwork. For me, I think if you’re doing this right, you’re writing something personal into the stories. I know that when I was doing the book, I started doing comics, I think in 1998 when I started self publishing and then moved to Slave Labor Graphics and by 2004, 2005, 2006, while I had plenty of job offers with video game companies and animation studios, I had the comic book bug and I really wanted to do it. So I quit a lot of lucrative jobs that offered security for my family to continue to fight out this dream because I wanted to tell these stories and work with people like Tony and Jerome." 4 out of 5 http://ifanboy.com/articles/the-oral-history-of-fear-agent-part-3/

0 comments: