Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sense of Wonder Interview Part 1 - Tim Pratt

"I wanted to interrogate some of the problematic aspects of fiction set in Victorian era, particularly societally-enforced gender roles, which is where the notion of a sex-changing plague came from. I thought it would be interesting to combine the hard-drinking, troubled private eye archetype -- Matthew Scudder, Jack Taylor -- with the aristocratic detective a la Peter Wimsey. And I also love the works of Kim Newman, and Alan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentleman, both crammed with references to literary and historical figures. While I cannot aspire to their level of expertise, I did have a little fun with Doyle, Woolf, and Shelley references, among others." 4 out of 5 http://sentidodelamaravilla.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/interview-with-tim-pratt-part-1.html

0 comments: