Tuesday, August 14, 2012

vN 6 Amy Alone - Madeline Ashby

"You’re a host right now. “No, I’m not. I mean, I haven’t been. No.” Was this the job interview? “Well, that’s good. No retraining. The whole performing-the-brand schtick is really important within the Electric Sheep franchise flock.” If possible, her smile stretched even wider. She wore something frosty on her lips. Amy wished she could see in colour. “Do you see what I did there? Sheep? Flock?” Amy’s giggle had never felt quite so literally mechanical. “See? I thought it was funny, too. I’m Shari, by the way. I’m the boss. And I tell everybody they’ll need a sense of humour if they want to work here.” Amy made her mouth work. “Just like that?” “Just like that.” The woman rolled her eyes. “Do you know how hard it’s been to find a Portia these days? They’re all being rounded up and taken to Redmond.”" 4 out of 5 http://www.tor.com/stories/2012/08/vn-excerpt

0 comments: