Saturday, August 04, 2012

Tonight at Powell's - Paul Tobin

"How did Prepare to Die! come about? I'd originally envisioned it as a creator-owned comic book series. It was initially given a green light, and I began developing it further, fleshing out the characters and events. Then, the project hit a dead end. I set it aside for a couple months, but the story kept resonating for me. One day, I found myself sitting down and saying, "Screw it. I don't have to depend on comics. I can run this ship all by myself." I typed the first line, the second, and so on. Three days later I'd completely abandoned all my notes except for the original premise... and the novel was being born. Three months later, there it was. More after the jump." 3.5 out of 5 http://www.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/2012/08/02/tonight-at-hawthornes-powells-paul-tobin

0 comments: