Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Return to Editing - Kristine Kathryn Rusch

"That left me two options. I could try to sell anthologies into traditional publishing–which was a dicey proposition (and I might still have ended up with someone “overseeing” my work)–or I could start up another company. Dean and I had started Pulphouse Publishing in the late 1980s, and it required a massive amount of work, partly because of the technology involved in book publishing. Now that technology has changed. It’s relatively easy to get anthologies onto the market and into the hands of readers. Suddenly, editing is no longer a daunting prospect. Neither Dean nor I want to edit full-time. We have major writing careers and a lot of writing projects to finish. But we both miss editing. We always have. As I say in my Recommended Reading lists, I love sharing great fiction with you guys. Fiction River will provide another way to do so." 4 out of 5 http://kriswrites.com/2012/07/31/the-return-to-editing/

0 comments: