Friday, August 24, 2012

Guest Post: Lee Battersby - Writer

"What it amounts to, really, is that 1979 fucked my mind. Not the Smashing Pumpkins song, no. The year, the actual I-lived-through-it-coz-I’m-older-than-the-rest-of-you 1979. 1979, I was eight years old. We moved from Narrogin, a wheat-belt town of 18 people and half a dog to a much larger town on the coast, where 26,000 people waited to teach me that I was different and not in a good way; that my English accent made me a target; that using two forms of cutlery in the same meal was foreign and disturbing; and that wearing glasses, being good at sport and maths, and reading without moving your lips constituted an invitation to kick the shit out of me any time they managed to bandage up their knuckles sufficiently for the task." 4 out of 5 http://angryrobotbooks.com/2012/08/guest-post-meet-lee-battersby-writer/

0 comments: