Friday, May 04, 2012

The Big Idea - Paolo Bacigalupi

"When I started writing The Drowned Cities, I hadn’t planned to write about politics. Typically I write about environmental issues such as global warming or energy scarcity or GM foods, but as I was working on the book, our increasingly divided political dialogue and government paralysis intruded.

These says, I can’t help noticing how much time we spend busting unions in Wisconsin or warring over contraception in universities, or checking people’s citizenship papers at traffic stops, while our geopolitical situation and future prospects change for the worse. As I’ve watched this dysfunction deepen, I’ve started to consider other aspects of where we might be headed."


3.5 out of 5

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2012/05/03/the-big-idea-paolo-bacigalupi-3/

0 comments: