Thursday, March 08, 2012

Publisher Answers with - Benjamin LeRoy

Though I’m not sure where it will all shake out, the pricing of ebooks allows readers to take low risk chances on authors they might not know, and I think that’s a good thing for building an audience. I’m a fan of anything that gets people reading.

I just launched an ebook imprint for F+W called Prologue Books. It’s given me a chance to put back in print (digitally) books that have long been out of print. Making those books available to a wide audience would have been cost prohibitive if they were print, but ebooks make it possible. What I think is cool about that, is there is the possibility for today’s readers to “discover” authors that might otherwise have been lost to history. From a personal geek standpoint, I’m fascinated to trace the genealogy of genres, to understand how writers working fifty years ago influenced current authors. Ebooks make it possible.


3.5 out of 5

http://thewordnerds.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/publisher-answers-with-benjamin-leroy/

0 comments: