Friday, March 09, 2012

Lazy Literature Interview With - Mike Resnick

"Your project of “Mike’s Writer Children” is absolutely fabulous and exciting. How did you come up with that idea?

I had just sold reprints of the first three Lucifer Jones books (he’s my favorite character) to Arc Manor, a relatively new press that I hadn’t worked with before, and Shahid Mahmud, the publisher, asked me if I had any idea for a new line of books, something no one else was doing. I remembered that Maureen McHugh invented the term “Mike’s Writer Children” to describe the 20 or 25 beginners I’ve kind of “adopted” and helped along the way – collaborating with them, buying stories from them when I’ve edited anthologies, introducing them to editors and agents at conventions – and it occurred to me that I couldn’t be the only writer who did this. So I suggested what has become the Stellar Guild line, a series of team-ups where an established star writes a novella, and then a protégé of the star’s own choosing writes a novelette set in the same universe, and they share cover credit."


4 out of 5

http://www.lazyliterature.de/interview-with-mike-resnick-2012-english/

0 comments: