Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bradley P. Beaulieu Chats With - Michael Swanwick

"BPB: You mentioned in a recent interview that you were planning on visiting China for some necessary research for the next Darger and Surplus novel. Without giving away any spoilers, can you tell us where you're going and what you plan to research?

MS: The novel's going to begin in Chengdu, a city in Sichuan Province, and end in Beijing. I've spent two weeks in Chengdu and love it (and the food!) passionately. But I've only overnighted in Beijing so I must return there to get a good sense of it. For the rest . . . I want to see whatever I can of China, its natural beauty, and its six thousand years of history. I want to see everything that its tourist board would most like me to see. I'm already mad about the country and its people. I want to discover the locations and images (in Moscow they included Red Square and the Metro and the Secret Garden in the Kremlin) that will define the land for me."


3.5 out of 5

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2011/12/guest-interview-bradley-p-beaulieu-chats-with-michael-swanwick/

0 comments: