Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The Fantasy Author's Handbook Interview - Alan Dean Foster

"Athans: Chad Akins, also via Twitter, wants to know, “did writing Alien give you the creeps?” Reading your novelization scared the crap out of me, too, even though I read it after I’d seen the movie. Any advice for authors on how to approach a scary scene?


One of the scariest books I’ve ever read.

Foster: I happened to be living alone at the time, in a small apartment. My work desk faced a window that in turn faced an exterior wall, and I found myself continually looking up and out at the darkness as I worked on the book. So yes, it gave me the creeps. Writers are living reflections of whatever they happen to be working on. If the material is humorous, they smile as they type."


3.5 out of 5

http://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/the-fantasy-author’s-handbook-interview-alan-dean-foster/

0 comments: