Monday, February 07, 2011

Realms Of Light 12 - Lawrence Watt-Evans

"And there was my father, lying naked in the bed – not on it, but sunk down into it, surrounded by worn brown plastic. Tubes ran into both arms, his mouth, nose, anus, and urethra; a visor covered his eyes, and a heavy-duty cable was plugged into the back of his skull and secured with a clamp around his throat. He was shriveled and shrunken, his skin dry and flaking, his hair long and ragged; the only part of him that still looked healthy and normal was the wire job on his neck and one side of his head.
I hadn’t seen him in years, and when I did he hadn’t looked like this, he’d been healthy and alert, but all the same, I recognized him immediately. This was Guohan Hsing, all right. This was my father, genetically if not legally."


3.5 out of 5

http://www.watt-evans.com/realmsoflight12.html

0 comments: