Thursday, February 03, 2011

The Accidental Goddess - Linnea Sinclair

"“Admiral Makarian.” She rose as well then let her arms rise and fall to her sides in a gesture of exasperation. It wasn’t totally feigned. How much longer do you need, Simon?

A few hours, at most. I’m still not functioning at full capacity. And this station’s databanks are singularly disorganized.

He wants to see something now.

Those new trick shots of yours at billiards are quite impressive.

Simon!

“Willing to cooperate, Captain Davré?” Makarian’s deep voice was a low rumble.

Simon, give me something.

I snagged a block of shipping manifests. They’re not perfect. By the time you take him belowdecks, I might have them passable.

Lock him out of everything but that, then. Gillie gestured toward the bridge hatchway. “My databanks are yours, Admiral. I’ve nothing to hide.”"


3.5 out of 5


http://www.linneasinclair.com/accidentalgoddess.html#excerpt

0 comments: